Top Stories

This summer, the Graduate Student Resource Center and Career Services welcomed a new Graduate Career Peer Advisor, Caroline Schanche. We chatted with her about her research interests, her unnatural love of resume formatting, and her Instagramming dog Whiskey!

Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 - 10:16am

caroline-schanche-banner

This summer, the Graduate Student Resource Center and Career Services welcomed a new Graduate Career Peer Advisor, Caroline Schanche. Caroline comes by way of Oslo, Norway, and is currently a ​Masters student in the UCSB Gevirtz Graduate School of Education. We chatted with her about her research interests, her ​unnatural love of resume formatting, and her Instagramming dog Whiskey!

THE STORY

I grew up in Oslo, Norway, as the middle child with two sisters and two little dogs. I moved to the states to attend school at Duke University to get my B.S. in Biology (Go Blue Devils!). I'm now getting my Masters in Education here at UCSB before I go on to study Physical Therapy next fall!

HER RESEARCH INTERESTS

I am interested in health education and how teachers and therapists can best utilize motivational theories to empower people with the tools and knowledge they need to take care of themselves.

FUN FACTS

I love hiking with my dog Whiskey (yes, he does have his own Instagram @whiskeygrams), as well as doing weightlifting and yoga! I've also been skydiving and love to travel. My favorite trip so far was to different places in Southeast Asia!

HER ​ROLE AS THE CAREER PEER

I am really excited to help grad students put their best foot forward in their career development process. I love formatting resumes and cover letters more than I should, and I look forward to the different workshops I get to develop and facilitate as well as meeting with students one-on-one. Maybe by the end of this, my own resume will finally look good to!

Welcome, ​Caroline!