Career & Tools

Join UC Santa Barbara Innovation + Entrepreneurship (UCSB I+E) for the inaugural I+E 101 series starting next week! The I+E 101 series is designed to educate and encourage tech-minded students and postdocs to develop their interests in innovation and entrepreneurship at UCSB. There are a host of resources, from mentors to workspaces, which can be leveraged to succeed in this invigorating space. Learn more and sign up today!

By Graduate Division Staff
Friday, September 18th, 2020 - 9:00am

Join UC Santa Barbara Innovation + Entrepreneurship (UCSB I+E) for the inaugural I+E 101 series starting next week!

The I+E 101 series is designed to educate and encourage tech-minded students and postdocs to develop their interests in innovation and entrepreneurship at UCSB. There are a host of resources, from mentors to workspaces, which can be leveraged to succeed in this invigorating space.

Part I of the series will include an alumni panel of recently-graduated UCSB innovators sharing their experiences with entrepreneurship. In Part II, the leaders of their Partner Programs on campus will provide an overview of their I+E resources. Part III will be a panel of diverse innovators and entrepreneurs sharing their stories of success from the crossroads of intersectionality.

Part I: Alumni Stories -- Monday, September 21, 1-2 PM (PDT)

Moderator: Kristin Denault McCurdy (Fluency Lighting Technologies, Inc.)

Panelists: Taylor Heisley-Cook (The Hurd Co.); Bob Lansdorp (Milo Sensors); Heather Hochrein (EVmatch); Damien Kudela (Cayuga Biotech); Kevin Huynh-Tran (LegTrek team, 2020 New Venture season).

Part II: Resources for Involvement and Leadership -- Tuesday, September 22, 1-2 PM (PDT)

Panelists: David Adornetto (TMP); Emily Cotter (Bren Eco-E); Melissa Hingorani and Brian Dincau (MedVentures); Sherylle Mills Englander (TIA); Tal Margalith and Dave Bothman (CNSI)

Part III: Intersectionality in the Innovation Space -- Monday, October 12,
1-2PM (PDT)

Identifying new solutions, creating timely products, and innovating to meet a myriad of global needs takes a variety of perspectives, life experiences, and expertise. Hear from a panel of diverse innovators and entrepreneurs as they share their stories of success from the crossroads of intersectionality.

Moderator: Melissa Hingorani (MedVentures at UCSB; PhD Candidate in Psych & Brain Sci)

Panelists:

• Abril Estrada (Chief Product Officer at Wild Earth Inc)

• Kavitta Ghai (Co-Founder & CEO at Nectir)

• Christian Johnson (Founder of Respond AI)

• Angela Udongwo (CEO at InnoHealth Diagnostics)

Register to receive ZOOM link here: https://forms-csep.cnsi.ucsb.edu/forms/PDS/Registration.php

UCSB I+E is composed of partner programs that support this initiative in their campus community: The Bren Eco Entrepreneurship program, California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI), the Center for Science & Engineering Partnerships (CSEP), MedVentures at UCSB, The Office of Technology & Industry Alliances (TIA), and the Technology Management Program (TMP).