GSRC and Career Services welcome new Graduate Career Peer

By Shawn Warner-Garcia, Assistant Director of Professional Development
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:16 AM

This summer, the Graduate Student Resource Center and Career Services welcomed a new Graduate Career Peer Advisor, Caroline Schanche. Caroline comes by way of Oslo, Norway, and is currently a ​Masters student in the UCSB Gevirtz Graduate School of Education. We chatted with her about her research interests, her ​unnatural love of resume formatting, and her Instagramming dog Whiskey!

I grew up in Oslo, Norway, as the middle child with two sisters and two little dogs. I moved to the states to attend school at Duke University to get my B.S. in Biology (Go Blue Devils!). I'm now getting my Masters in Education here at UCSB before I go on to study Physical Therapy next fall!

I am interested in health education and how teachers and therapists can best utilize motivational theories to empower people with the tools and knowledge they need to take care of themselves.

I love hiking with my dog Whiskey (yes, he does have his own Instagram @whiskeygrams), as well as doing weightlifting and yoga! I’ve also been skydiving and love to travel. My favorite trip so far was to different places in Southeast Asia!

I am really excited to help grad students put their best foot forward in their career development process. I love formatting resumes and cover letters more than I should, and I look forward to the different workshops I get to develop and facilitate as well as meeting with students one-on-one. Maybe by the end of this, my own resume will finally look good to!

Welcome, ​Caroline!