Top Stories

UCSB's Grad Slam competition is back, and it's better than ever! Here's what you need to know and how you can sign up to participate in this year's competition, scheduled for April 4-15.

By GradPost Staff
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 - 10:19am

What is the Grad Slam?

Launched in 2013, Grad Slam is an award-winning campus-wide competition for the best three-minute talk by a graduate student. Participants are judged on the basis of having a clear and effective presentation that is geared for a general university audience and has demonstrable intellectual significance.

Why should I compete?

For fortune and fame, of course! This year, we're giving away more than $20,000 in cash and prizes, including a Grand Prize of $5,000. Plus, the winner will get to compete in a UC-wide Grad Slam competition for the chance to win even more money!

I'm intrigued, but I need a snazzy video to entice me more.

Here you go!

I'm sold. Where do I sign up?

Glad you asked! Click here to fill out the registration form. The deadline to sign up is Friday, March 11. (Note: this is an extension of the original deadline of March 4.)

OK, I signed up. Now what?

Check out the 2016 Grad Slam information page ​and also check out previous years' competitions for more information. If you have questions, you can email Robert Hamm.