The Graduate Career Consortium will be hosting an online Virtual Career Fair for FREE for Ph.D. and Master's students, alumni, and postdocs all day on Thursday, March 2. This is a great opportunity to connect with job recruiters without having to travel anywhere. You can connect with employers both locally and across the nation using live chat rooms available!
New to a virtual career fair? Check out the FAQ page. Explore the list of companies registered and get prepared with who you want to speak with. To register, go online for more information and check out the schedule for live chats hosted by employers.
Ph.D. & Master's Virtual Career Fair
Date: March 2
9 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Eastern Time)
FREE for UCSB graduate students, post docs, alumni, and international students
Here are some general tips for how to prepare:
- Review the organizations' profiles in advance (After logging in, click "Event Details" for this fair).
- Develop a strategy - which companies do you most want to speak with?
- Decide how to allocate your time. Determine what times your target employers will be holding chat rooms.
- Prepare questions before joining a chat session, or if you prefer, you can review others' questions in the public chat.
- Write your elevator pitch, which you should strictly use in private interactions with employers (do not post these in the public chat room).
- Not all employers will send email invitations to their chat sessions so join the event and visit employers that interest you. You are welcome to visit any chat sessions during the fair.