Top Stories

The Graduate Student Resource Center welcomes the new Graduate Programming Assistant, Michael Roysner. Michael is currently pursuing his Master's in Environmental Science and Management. Read on to learn more about him!

By Graduate Division Staff
Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 - 4:59pm

Michael's Welcome Announcement

HIS STORY

I grew up in Calabasas, California (and unfortunately know exceedingly little local celebrity gossip) and attained a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at UCSB in 2021. Before beginning my graduate program, I worked for two years as the Head Novice Coach here at UCSB. While no longer coaching, I'm very excited to be pursuing a Master's degree in Environmental Science and Management here at UCSB's Bren School.

HIS ACADEMIC INTERESTS

I am interested in learning about how communities and their residents engage with their local environments, and how cities and towns can increase their biodiversity through formation of newer green spaces and urban forests and the challenges in implementing those public projects.

FUN FACTS

I very much enjoy cooking and baking and spend a lot of my time searching for new recipes and coming up with new ideas to try! I also really like to unwind by reading a good book (I'm a sucker for a good mystery or romance), playing video games (especially indie games!), exercising or a nice long walk. If you're ever looking for new places to walk to around or that are close to campus, I know tons of cool spots!

HIS ROLE AS GRADUATE PROGRAMMING ASSISTANT

I'm very excited to start my role helping to put on and assist with programming that supports you all as graduate students! From Lunch and Learn to IPS, I'm looking forward to all the ways I can lend a hand to the programming that helps graduate students develop their skills professionally and connects them with new opportunities and resources available to them here at UCSB!

Welcome, Michael!